Indoor Air Quality
Carrier knows air. How to heat it, cool it, humidify it or dehumidify and even how to keep it clean. Our passion is home comfort, and indoor air quality is a vital part of that equation.
A diverse array of items releasing gases or particles is the primary cause of indoor air quality problems in homes. Inadequate ventilation may increase indoor pollutant levels by not circulating enough air and by not carrying indoor air pollutants outside. High temperature and humidity levels may irritate concentrations of some pollutants.
The more knowledge a homeowner has about indoor air pollution, the more then can do to protect their family. Oil, gas, kerosene, coal, wood and tobacco products as well as building materials and certain home furnishings can be contaminants. Asbestos-containing insulation, wet or damp carpet, cabinetry or furniture made of certain pressed wood products can contribute to poor indoor air. Household cleaning products can also influence unhealthy indoor air.
The importance of any source depends on how much of a pollutant it emits and how hazardous those emissions are. A poorly adjusted gas stove can emit significantly more carbon monoxide than a properly adjusted one. An educated homeowner can do additional research to mitigate against potential IAQ hazards at home..
Some sources, such as building materials, furnishings, and household products like air fresheners, release pollutants continuously. Other sources, related to activities carried out in the home, release pollutants intermittently. For nearly all of these pollutants, the only way to fully understand the depth of the problem is to measure with an indoor air analysis. Carrier has partnered with Air Advice to provide Carrier dealers the tool to help homeowners better understand the quality of their indoor air.
And Carrier boasts a full line of indoor air quality solutions that promise to diminish indoor air pollution. A simple 30 minute test coupled with installation of Carrier IAQ solutions ensure homeowners are breathing cleaner air and enjoying a healthier home environment.
With a wide variety of products to choose from, let the specialists at 1st Choice customize a solution that's right for you.
Important facts about air quality:
- Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors
- 50% of all illnesses are caused by, or aggravated by, polluted indoor air
- More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies
- One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungus and bacteria in the air duct systems. (Total health and better health magazines)
- Children and the elderly are especially affected by polluted indoor air. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
Causes of Air Pollutants in Your Home:
The dark, damp, dusty climate of your ventilation system is an ideal breeding ground for molds, fungi, bacteria, mite droppings and many other harmful allergens.
These contaminants get a free ride to every room in your house each time the system cycles on. Since the air from a contaminated duct system is being recirculated, endless dusting and vacuuming only offers temporary relief.
- Sinus congestion
- Allergy suffering
- Eye irritation
- Dry throat
Here are a few indoor air quality products that we offer:
Home. It's where you are the most comfortable. Did you know the air inside can have more mold and bacteria than outside? Pollen, mold spores, bacteria and dust are all invisible to the naked eye. These are the small size pollutants and contaminants that irritate your eyes, lungs and sinuses. The most efficient way to get rid of them is to capture them. Carrier Air Purifier captures these pollutants and eliminates them from your air, providing cleaner healthier air, making a cleaner home. Low maintenance air purifiers are a sure way to bring relief to any one suffering from allergies, asthma and other respiratory ailments.
The relative humidity in the Sahara Desert is 25%, but did you know your winter household humidity might be as low as 5 - 15%? Overly dry air can cause itchy, cracked skin, dry nasal passages, annoying shocks from static electricity and cracked woodwork. Adding a Carrier humidifier will add comfort to your home and eliminate these irritating conditions for your family.
Efficiency and effectiveness
- As the moisture from indoor air evaporates, the temperature in your home feels colder. In the winter, that means you will likely turn up the thermostat to feel warmer, so your system will use extra energy. By putting moisture back in the air, a Carrier humidifier allows you to remain comfortable at a lower thermostat setting, which lowers your energy costs.
Improved Air Quality
- More airborne moisture means less opportunity for dust and other irritants to circulate, so you'll experience improved air quality.
- Properly humidified air helps reduce nasal dryness, helping your family breathe easier.
- Less static electricity creates a more comfortable environment for everyone in your household.
Creating a healthy and comfortable indoor environment means controlling a home's humidity. A home that remains overly humid encourages mold growth and a great environment for pests such as dust mites and even some spiders. Humid homes also put a strain on your wallet as cooler temperatures are needed to keep your home more comfortable during the summer months.
Carrier® Performance series dehumidifiers are available in two sizes, a whole home solution as well as just controlling the humidity in your basement. Both of the options are quiet.will help you save on cooling costs and can be integrated into your current heating and cooling system. They'll keep you comfortable and deny those pests the environment they prefer.
The Carrier Ultraviolet lamp provides homeowners with a cleaner indoor coil and improved indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Inhibits fungus & microbial growth on indoor coil/drain pan
- Offers a cleaner indoor coil
- Trouble-free, simple installation
- Nearly maintenance free operation
- 90 day parts-only limited warranty on lamp/ballast assembly
- Five-year parts-only limited warranty on unit base and power cord
Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV)
Keep Fresh Air Circulating Without Losing Heating Power
The intelligent cross flow design of the Performance Heat Recovery Ventilator brings pre-filtered fresh outdoor air into your home without losing heating efficiency or power.
- High efficiency energy recovery
- Automatic defrost
- Reduced humidity during cooling season
- Reduced indoor air pollutants
- Horizontal, vertical or crossflow configurations
- Crossflow and counterflow cores
- Prefilter for incoming air-stream
- Basic, standard of automatic controls
- Easy "no tools" maintenance
- Quiet operation
- 5-year limited warranty on parts
- Limited lifetime warranty on the core