Air Conditioning Services in Milwaukee & Waukesha
1st Choice Will Repair, Replace or Maintenance Your AC Today
It’s 3 AM. It’s sweltering in the master bedroom no matter how much you adjust the thermostat.
You check the vents and there’s no air coming out. You have a meeting at 8 am.
When you’re hot there’s one thing you don’t want to do and that’s wait around for an HVAC technician. That’s why 1st Choice Heating & Cooling is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for your cooling comfort. We’ll be on the scene fast.
When you’re looking for air conditioning services around Waukesha and Milwaukee, there isn’t a better choice than 1st Choice for your home comfort services.
Generally speaking, a modern air conditioning system should last between 10 - 15 years.
The health and efficiency of your air conditioner are determined by a variety of factors, including:
- Whether or not the unit was properly maintained throughout its lifetime. If you skipped the yearly A/C tune-ups, the lifespan of your A/C may be shorter than it should be.
- How frequently you use the unit.
- How hot and humid it gets in your area
- Whether or not the unit was properly sized when it was purchased for your home.
Keep in mind that as your air conditioner ages, its mechanical parts may become unavailable or obsolete. If you can't replace a broken part, you'll have to buy a new unit.
If you get yearly A/C tune-ups from qualified technicians, your air conditioner should not break down in the summer. Many common A/C problems are caused by a lack of maintenance, and having your unit serviced will help to prevent them. HVAC technicians can also detect and repair any problems with your air conditioner before the summer season begins.
1st Choice offers professional maintenance services to keep your system running smoothly throughout the summer months. Connect with us today to learn more or to schedule service!
Having your air conditioning system maintained has many benefits. Aside from sparing you costly repairs, it can prolong the overall life of the entire system. Here are 4 specific ways that having your air conditioning system maintained on a regular basis can help your bottom line in the long run.
Reduced cooling costs. Most summer days are terribly warm. And, while your air conditioner can handle the problem fairly well, it does tend to eat up some money in the process. A tune-up streamlines and optimizes your system so that it can do its job better and more easily, which directly translates to significantly lower cooling costs.
Improved air quality. Your air conditioner has been dormant for months, and during that time, a lot of gunk, grime, dust, and debris has accumulated. If you don't deal with it, all of this junk will end up in your home's air, which can kill your air quality and make allergies worse! Routine maintenance is the way to go for clean, fresh air in the spring and summer!
Repairs are less expensive. In the event that you do require repairs, they will most likely be much less expensive if you have been receiving maintenance. Why is this so? Because the most expensive problems (part failure, air flow problems, etc.) are addressed during a tune-up, they are kept in check and costly breakdown problems are avoided.
More comfort. What good is an air conditioner that can't keep you cool? Most summers are difficult even for the most modern of systems, and if you want to get a consistent cool, you need your system to be in top shape. Our professionals can ensure that everything is in good working order, allowing you to stay comfortable even during the worst heat waves.
Ready to schedule your maintenance service? Contact 1st Choice today!
When deciding whether to repair or replace your home cooling system, consider the following factors:
- Age of the unit: Consider the age of your air conditioner, just as you would with your home heating. When deciding whether to repair or replace your air conditioner, age is an important consideration. On average, you should replace your air conditioner every 10 to 15 years.
- A system that uses R-22 Freon: To save energy across the country, the federal government is phasing out Freon. As a result, Freon prices are rising dramatically. If your air conditioner uses Freon, you'll need to replace it eventually in order to switch to the new R410A refrigerant. If your unit is breaking down or having problems due to a lack of Freon, it's probably time to consider a replacement.
- Frequency of Repairs: Do you have the impression that your air conditioning system is constantly breaking down? Have you found yourself calling HVAC technicians on a regular basis to fix yet another problem with your system? If this is the case, ongoing repairs can quickly add up — and performing them on an older unit on a regular basis just doesn't make sense.
- Cost of Repairs: If you can't decide whether to repair or replace your current unit, and it's over the age of ten, buying a new unit may be a better investment. AC units will, without a doubt, require repairs from time to time. However, if your system requires repairs on a regular basis, the cost of these repairs may eventually exceed the cost of installing a new unit, making investing in a new unit the wiser choice.
To learn more about repairing vs. replacing, we are happy to help. Contact 1st Choice today and one of our friendly team members will answer all your questions!
Your Key To Happiness
We consider your air conditioner the key to happiness in the home on those hot summer days and nights. In the summer, its essential function is to provide reliable, efficient, maximum air circulation. At 1st Choice Heating & Cooling, we understand the importance of installing and maintaining a system that you can depend on season after season, to effectively cool your home without breaking your budget. Our air conditioning systems provide top-of-the-line comfort, performance, and efficiency.
Call 1st Choice to Fix, Service or Install Your AC
You don’t want to trust your air conditioning repair to just anyone. The experts at 1st Choice are seasoned professionals familiar with every type of AC repair. We’ve seen it all. We’ll fix your AC right the first time so you don’t have to waste time worrying about the heat and scheduling more visits from technicians.
What’s the best way to keep your air conditioner running? Keep that AC tuned-up with regular air conditioning maintenance to make sure it’s running efficiently and to reduce the risk of an unexpected breakdown. Your central air system should be serviced every year for the best performance. Making sure your air conditioner is well-maintained doesn’t just save you money on energy, it often keeps your warranty valid so that if you have problems with your system down the road, you’ll be covered.
Need to replace or install a new AC? Choosing the right new air conditioning system is an exact science. You want to make sure you install the right air conditioner for your home size and layout. You also want to ensure that your system is installed correctly. At 1st Choice we’ll make sure your new air conditioning unit is efficient and effective.
Get Top Quality AC Services Today
When you need air conditioning services you don’t want to mess around with someone who is inexperienced or just looking to make a profit. Call 1st Choice Heating & Cooling at 262-547-2030 or contact us online today.