Furnace Maintenance Near Waukesha
Call 1st Choice For Furnace Service Today
How long has it been since your furnace was last serviced? If you have to think long and hard about that question, there’s a good chance it wasn’t too recently. Furnaces should be serviced before every heating season to ensure optimum performance.
In the Waukesha and Milwaukee area, 1st Choice Heating & Cooling should be your first choice to perform a furnace tune-up.
A furnace cleaning and tune-up might cost anywhere between $50 and $300 on average. The actual cost is determined by the state of your furnace and the amount of upkeep and maintenance required as part of the cleaning.
A furnace tune-up often entails:
- Keeping the fans clean.
- Cleaning the ignitor, flame sensor and exposed portions of any soot or rust.
- Changing or cleaning the filter.
- A thorough examination of your system, including venting and fuel lines, to ensure that there are no possible problems with your furnace.
Experts recommend that you get your furnace serviced and maintained at least once a year, if not twice a year in the spring and fall. Getting your furnace serviced every year provides more benefits than simply avoiding a no-heat situation during the cold winter months. There are several other significant reasons to stay up-to-date with your regular furnace maintenance, such as avoiding costly (and preventable) repairs, increasing energy efficiency and lowering power bills, and prolonging the life of your furnace as well as your complete HVAC system.
Furnace tune-ups entail inspecting all of the system's critical components and adjusting, cleaning, testing and/or lubricating them as necessary.
- Inspecting the vent system and air intake grilles, as well as eliminating any obstructions.
- Examining the heat exchanger for evidence of wear and corrosion.
- Examining and cleaning the blower, as well as eliminating any dirt. Also, inspect the blower motor and measure its amp draw.
- Inspecting the electrical connections, tightening them as needed and/or repairing broken wiring.
- Inspecting the burner and flame sensor, as well as the belts for signs of corrosion or fractures.
Reasons To Maintain Your Furnace Each Year
It’s not uncommon for homeowners to go for a long time without having their furnace serviced but there are many great reasons why it’s advantageous for you to have your furnace tuned up before every winter.
You’ll save money. When your furnace is maintained properly, it runs as efficiently as possible which means you’ll spend less money on unneeded energy.
You’ll minimize the likelihood of unexpected breakdowns. When your furnace breaks down in the middle of the night, it’s an emergency. Reduce the risk of this kind of emergency with regular maintenance which includes an inspection of your entire furnace.
You’ll keep your furnace going longer. Well-maintained furnaces can last as long as 20 years. By making sure your furnace gets cleaned and inspected regularly you can extend the life of your furnace by many years and save money in the process.
You’ll keep your warranty valid. Warranties typically come with terms that require you keep your furnace regularly maintained. If that’s the case, getting your furnace tuned up each year is not only smart to keep your furnace running well and to minimize the risk of unexpected failure but to keep that warranty valid in case anything does go wrong.