Need Furnace Installation in Waukesha?
Call 1st Choice For Furnace Replacement
When you need a new furnace installed in your home, you want to ensure you’re dealing with the kinds of heating experts that can help you determine the right size and model for your home. In the Waukesha area, 1st Choice Heating & Cooling offers the best furnace installation and replacement service you could find.
If there’s one time your furnace is likely to give out it’s during the coldest week of winter. Make sure you call in a professional who you can trust to advise you on whether to fix your furnace or replace it. Here are a few things you can look for in your furnace to tell if you should just go ahead and get your furnace replaced.
The cost of installing or replacing a furnace ranges from $2,794 to $6,740, with an average cost of $4,639; this price includes materials, equipment and labor. The cost of replacing a gas furnace ranges from $3,800 to $10,000 or more in sophisticated installations for high-efficiency versions. Electric variants are slightly less expensive, ranging from $2,000 to $7,000.
A well-maintained furnace should last at least 15 to 20 years, but doing yearly maintenance and being attentive to repairs will help it survive even longer. When your furnace is roughly 15 years old, it's time to start looking at new equipment so you're ready when it's time to replace it. You'll want to learn about the most current, energy-efficient solutions available, as well as acquire a price estimate.
Rising utility bills. You may notice the furnace blower operating excessively or cycling on and off repeatedly. Your utility expenses may climb as a result of your furnace running longer to deliver the same amount of heat. A yellow or flickering flame might indicate that the furnace is emitting toxic carbon monoxide, a very serious sign that you must replace your furnace. Odd noises such as pounding, cracking, rattling or screeching. These might indicate that your furnace needs to be replaced.
Five Signs You Might Need A New Furnace
- Your furnace is over 15 years old. A well-maintained furnace can last up to 20 years, but if it’s older than 15 years old and has broken down, it might be more cost-effective in the long run to replace your furnace rather than repair it.
- Your heating bills have gone up. When it starts to cost more to heat the same home and the cost of fuel hasn’t increased significantly, it’s time to look at your furnace as the possible cause of the increased energy consumption. Remember that while new appliances run at peak efficiency, older appliances tend to consume more energy. Replacing your furnace with a newer, more efficient unit will help to lower your bills
- Your furnace is going on and off repeatedly. If your furnace is coming on, turning off and coming right back on again or you feel like you can always hear it on, it’s time to call in the professionals. When your furnace runs all the time it’s costing you money and wasting valuable energy.
- It’s much colder in some rooms than in other rooms. If you’ve noticed a big difference in temperature or that your furnace doesn’t seem to be heating all of your rooms adequately, this could mean your furnace is no longer able to keep up with your home’s heating needs.
- Something looks, sounds or smells off. You should always inspect your furnace for signs of wear and tear. If you see any cracks or corrosion it’s time to call in a professional and to consider a new unit. If the furnace room smells musty schedule a service appointment immediately.
Make Us Your 1st Choice For Furnace Replacement
If you’ve noticed any of these signs it’s time to call 1st Choice Heating & Cooling at 262-547-2030 immediately. If you have questions about the age or model of your furnace, feel free to contact us today.