Heating & Air Conditioning Services
Your 1st Choice For Heating, AC & Air Quality Solutions
All around the Waukesha and Milwaukee areas one company is known for being the customer's first choice for heating and air. 1st Choice Heating & Cooling offers comprehensive heating and air conditioning services including furnace, boiler, air conditioning and air quality services year round.
- Whether or not the unit was properly maintained throughout its lifetime. If you skipped the yearly A/C tune-ups, the lifespan of your A/C may be shorter than it should be.
- How frequently you use the unit.
- How hot and humid it gets in your area
- Whether or not the unit was properly sized when it was purchased for your home.
When deciding whether to repair or replace your home cooling system, consider the following factors:
- Age of the unit: Consider the age of your air conditioner, just as you would with your home heating. When deciding whether to repair or replace your air conditioner, age is an important consideration. On average, you should replace your air conditioner every 10 to 15 years.
- A system that uses R-22 Freon: To save energy across the country, the federal government is phasing out Freon. As a result, Freon prices are rising dramatically. If your air conditioner uses Freon, you'll need to replace it eventually in order to switch to the new R410A refrigerant. If your unit is breaking down or having problems due to a lack of Freon, it's probably time to consider a replacement.
- Frequency of Repairs: Do you have the impression that your air conditioning system is constantly breaking down? Have you found yourself calling HVAC technicians on a regular basis to fix yet another problem with your system? If this is the case, ongoing repairs can quickly add up — and performing them on an older unit on a regular basis just doesn't make sense.
- Cost of Repairs: If you can't decide whether to repair or replace your current unit, and it's over the age of ten, buying a new unit may be a better investment. AC units will, without a doubt, require repairs from time to time. However, if your system requires repairs on a regular basis, the cost of these repairs may eventually exceed the cost of installing a new unit, making investing in a new unit the wiser choice.
To learn more about repairing vs. replacing, we are happy to help. Contact 1st Choice today and one of our friendly team members will answer all your questions!
Even if you don't feel there are any problems with your heating and air conditioning system, HVAC experts agree that having it inspected, serviced and cleaned twice a year is a good idea. Having this completed on a regular basis ensures that your system operates at peak energy efficiency and is ready to cool your house during the months when you need it the most. If you have a standard central ac unit and a furnace, each of these units should be serviced once a year. If you have a heat pump system that you use all year, you should schedule this service every 6 months.
1st Choice Heating & Cooling is happy to help with your HVAC service needs. Request service today.
On average the cost of servicing your air conditioning unit or system ranges from $50 to $140. It is important to note that regular maintenance on a unit may be required to avoid voiding some manufacturer's warranties. The price you pay is determined by whether the technician performs a simple tune-up and cleaning or if they discover any larger problems with your air conditioner that require repair.
Even if your system doesn’t appear to be having any problems, keeping it on a regular service plan will ensure it doesn’t develop problems. 1st Choice Heating & Cooling is happy to help with your HVAC service needs. Request service today.
In a word, yes! HVAC service plans may seem like an unnecessary cost, but they pay for themselves in lifetime savings. Your heating and cooling systems are pretty much always working, so your service plan will ensure they’re working at peak efficiency, which will reduce not only your energy bills, but also your chances of expensive equipment breakdowns. Also, most manufacturers require regular maintenance of your HVAC system in order to maintain the warranty. You could void your manufacturer's warranty if you do not perform regular maintenance and keep proper documentation.
Request service from 1st Choice Heating & Cooling to have your HVAC unit serviced today.
Boiler Services in Waukesha & Milwaukee
Our installation, maintenance and repair services aren’t just for furnaces. We also service cast iron boilers, high efficiency boilers, steam boilers and radiant heating systems in the Milwaukee and Waukesha metro areas.
Air Conditioning Repair, Replacement & Tune-Up
Indoor Air Quality Services
You shouldn’t have to worry about what you’re breathing inside your home. Our air quality services will keep the air you breathe clean and balanced to support your family’s health. We specialize in air filtration, ionization, dehumidification and humidification, as well as energy-saving heat recovery ventilators.
Call 1st Choice Today
Call us at 262-547-2030 today to learn more about all of our home heating and cooling services. 1st Choice Heating & Cooling should be your first choice for all things home comfort in the Waukesha and Milwaukee areas