Reducing Moisture in the Air in Waukesha & Milwaukee
Moisture can be good for your skin, for your hair and for your respiratory systems. But too much moisture can easily become bad for your health. When you have too much moisture in your Waukesha or Milwaukee area home, call 1st Choice Heating & Cooling to reduce the excess moisture in your home’s air with one of our dehumidifiers.
The Benefits of a Dehumidifier
- Mold can develop on furniture, curtains, bed sheets and even clothing. Dehumidifiers prevent the excess moisture that will cause that mold.
- Mold and mildew can come with some unpleasant accomplices including musty odors that can be hard to get rid of. Dehumidifiers can reduce the occurrence of mold and mildew, improving the smells in your home.
- Dehumidifiers also help the HVAC to run more efficiently. In a humid climate the AC works not only to cool air but remove moisture. With a dehumidifier on the job, your HVAC doesn’t have to work quite as hard to cool your home.
How Do I Know I Need A Dehumidifier
There are signs throughout your home that can help indicate that you are in need of a dehumidifier. A few of those signs include:
- Damp, musty odors. Mold and mildew have a smell and if you’re smelling it in your home a dehumidifier can help.
- Foggy windows. If you see condensation on your windows this is a good sign there’s too much moisture in your air.
- Dark spots on ceilings and walls. If you have visible water stains on the walls or ceilings this may be a sign you need a dehumidifier. Any black spots on walls, ceilings, bathtubs or showers are also a good indication it’s time to consider a dehumidifier.